This IoT-Bus module utilizes the Hope RFM95 to offer low-cost, LoRa radio transmission and a Wi-Fi/LoRa gateway. It uses the correct 915 MHz rather than the 433 MHz european standard often found. The RFM95W transceivers feature the LoRa long range modem that provides ultra-long range spread spectrum communication and high interference immunity whilst minimizing current consumption.
Using Hope RF’s patented LoRa modulation technique RFM95W can achieve a sensitivity of over -148dBm using a low cost crystal and bill of materials. The high sensitivity combined with the integrated +20 dBm power amplifier yields industry-leading link budget making it optimal for any application requiring range or robustnes.
LoRa also provides significant advantages in both blocking and selectivity over conventional modulation techniques, solving the traditional design compromise between range, interference immunity and energy consumption. These devices also support high performance (G)FSK modes for systems including WMBus, IEEE802.15.4g. The RFM95W deliver exceptional phase noise, selectivity, receiver linearity and IIP3 for significantly lower current consumption than competing devices.
Features of RF Transceiver LoRa Module RFM95W:
- LoRa Modem.
- 915 MHz
- 168 dB maximum link budget.
- +20 dBm - 100 mW constant RF output vs. V supply.
- +14 dBm high efficiency PA.
- Programmable bit rate up to 300 Kbps.
- High sensitivity: down to -148 dBm.
- Bullet-proof front end: IIP3 = -12.5 dBm.
- Excellent blocking immunity.
- Low RX current of 10.3 mA, 200 nA register retention.
- Fully integrated synthesizer with a resolution of 61 Hz.
- FSK, GFSK, MSK, GMSK, LoRa and OOK modulation.
- Built-in bit synchronizer for clock recovery.
- Preamble detection.
- 127 dB Dynamic Range RSSI.
- Automatic RF Sense and CAD with ultra-fast AFC.
- Packet engine up to 256 bytes with CRC.
- Built-in temperature sensor and low battery indicator.
- Modue Size：16* 16mm
Potential Applications of the RF Transceiver Module RFM95W:
- Automated Meter Reading.
- Home and Building Automation.
- Wireless Alarm and Security Systems.
- Industrial Monitoring and Control
- Long range Irrigation Systems
LoRa cannot be used at the same time as CAN Bus.
Click image to enlarge.
|Espressif32||Espressif Systems is a privately held fabless semiconductor company. They provide wireless communications and Wi-Fi chips which are widely used in mobile devices and the Internet of Things applications.|
|Arduino||Arduino Wiring-based Framework allows writing cross-platform software to control devices attached to a wide range of Arduino boards to create all kinds of creative coding, interactive objects, spaces or physical experiences.|
|ESP-IDF||Espressif IoT Development Framework. Official development framework for ESP32.|